Phil Fine owes his decision to practice law to a sudden gust of fresh air. "I was a pre-med major and had left some specimens to dry on the window sill during my organic chemistry class final exam," recalls Phil. "A minute later a sudden wind whooshed past the window and blew all my specimens away. This was a timed, controlled assignment, so I failed the final. I decided then to seek an alternative career."
Phil switched majors to political science and history and knew he had found his true calling. "I have been fascinated with politics all my life and I enjoy studying history because the past often foretells the future," he says. "I also have great empathy for people and decided to become a family attorney to make sure our established legal system gives everyone a square deal. When I tell my clients I will fight for them I mean it."
Coming from a hard working family Phil appreciates what his clients go through to make ends meet. "Some of my bankruptcy clients come to me distraught because they are in debt," he says. "I know that sudden medical bills, unexpected unemployment and family disasters can hit people hard. Thank goodness we have a legal system that provides for people in these circumstances. Bankruptcy provides a safety net so they people don't lose their homes or cars and have the ability to get back on their feet again."
As a family practice attorney for almost 40 years, Phil is gratified when multiple generations of the same family seek his advice and legal expertise. "I like it when my clients come in and we have a comfort level because of our long history together," he says. "This enables them to freely ask for help and for me to understand exactly what they need. My goal is to make sure my clients get the best representation I provide whether they see me for a divorce, child custody, foreclosure, personal injury, or probate."
When Phil is not working hard for his clients he enjoys spending time with his wife Arlene, bicycling through Cleveland's scenic pathways, visiting his four children who live out-of-town, and playing with his beagle, Daisy.
But his work is never far from his thoughts. "I'm here to serve," adds Phil. "Helping my clients get a just settlement and resolution of their problems is extremely rewarding. That wind that blew through my chemistry class window pushed me in the right direction."
Areas of Practice
• Chapter 7 Bankruptcy
• Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
• Family Law
• Child Custody
• Child Support
• Child Visitation
• Division of Marital Property
• Spousal Support
• Domestic Violence
• Personal Injury
• Real Estate
• For Sale By Owner
• Sales Contracts
• Commercial Law
• Business Formation
• Ohio, 1969
• U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio, 1971
• U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio, 1971
The University of Michigan Law School, Ann Arbor, Michigan
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan
• B.A. cum laude - 1969
• Honors: Dean's List
• Major: Political Science
Professional Associations and Memberships
• Ohio State Bar Association, 1990 - Present
• Cleveland Bar Association, 1998 - Present
• Hebrew Shelter Home Board, Board of Trustees, 2000 - Present
• Park Synagogue, Board of Trustees, 1999 - Present
• Friends of the Beachwood Library, Board Member, 1996 - 1999
• Agnon School, Board of Trustees, 1991 - 1993
• Bellefaire/Jewish Children's Home, Member of Community Relations Committee, 1990 - 1998
• Cystic Fibrosis Rainbow Chapter, Member of Advisory Committee, 1990 - 1998
• American Arbitration Association, Arbitrator, 1980 - Present
• Cleveland Heights-University Heights Board of Education, Elected by public vote twice to Board. Served as President -1983, 1988, 1981 - 1989
• Corporate Section of Cuyahoga Bar Association, President, 1980 - 1982
About The Law Office Of Philip Fine
At The Law Office Of Philip Fine, in Beachwood, I bring 40 years of experience to clients in eastern Cuyahoga County and northeast Ohio. I understand how important it is to have access to your attorney when you need important questions answered. I work hard to make certain I am available when you have concerns and that I return all of your calls promptly.
I focus my practice on the needs of individuals who are considering filing for personal bankruptcy, or who are involved in divorce or dissolution proceedings, including disputes involving child support, child custody and visitation.
Request an Appointment
Message Sent. Thank you for contacting us. We will be in touch with you shortly.
|Mon - Fri:||9:00am - 5:00pm|
- University Of Michigan Law School, J.D.
- University Of Michigan, B.A. In Political Science
- U.S. District Court Northern District Of Ohio
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Council Garden Board of Trustees